I picked Monday to share this post with you in the hopes that it will wake you up and spread some inspo!
I am all about paying for convenience but at the same time I need to save my pennies. So what is a girl to do when she finds the perfect pair of denim with the most gorgeous pearl details?
Make it herself!!
Pearls are huge right now. They are on everything from shirts, bags, and to sandals. So when browsing through Zara and I found THESE, I about fell off my chair. Love them. We know Zara is going to give us the best prices for the trends we love. But I’m sorry, $50 is a lot for me right now since we are moving. So I set out to prove to Jeisson and the world that I can be a money saver while adding DIY to my resume!
Now I did this on a Sunday night so unfortunately I don’t have any fancy step by steps photos, but I swear, its pretty darn simple.
Things you will need
- A pair of jeans–make sure they are girlfriend/boyfriend style or a little loose on your legs
- White thread/needle
- Pearls–4 sizes (3 white and 1 ivory)–I paid a total of $9 at Jo Ann Fabrics for mine
- Wine and turn on Gossip Girl in the back ground–this took me roughly over 2 hours
- Start with the big pearls and work in the little ones. I tried to get a bigger idea of how I wanted it to look but just go with it
- Start at the pocket area and work your way down
- Tie a knot at the end of the string and come out from inside of the pants and then loop your way back in with the pearl attached. This gets a little complicated as you get towards the knee but it all works out
- I honestly googled the best way to tie a knot when sewing since I am super paranoid of these falling off haha I suggest you do the same if you’re not 100%. I know how to do it when I normally sew buttons and such but still, doesn’t hurt
Note: If you link more than one pearl on a string, and it breaks, you lose all of those. So I linked two big pearls together and 4 for the small ones. You can do them individually but that would take forever unless you want to do the project over time
Although the whole washing by hand thing won’t be the most fun thing to do, I’m glad I made these! I only had to fix a couple of pearls so for the most part, I’m glad I was patient and made sure my knots were the best ones ever!
So with my new favorite mules and these jeans…I’m a pretty happy camper. On repeat…foooor sure!
Yay! I hope you guys try it out! If you do let me know! Try different colors or placement or something!
If you don’t want a DIY, then shop some embellished goodness below–