Oh hi! Missed you!
Prepare yourself, this post is going deep. Get prepared as if you are mentally prepping yourself to shop the whole Forever 21 store.
I guess I always share things with you guys–but today’s news will change things.
So I guess Ill dive in–I got a new job!
I’m still at Kohl’s, just in a different department called Product Development. And in a nut shell, its a promotion for me! so yay.
Why is this such a big deal? Well, for a few reasons.
- I’m going from hourly to salary
- Currently I am able to be very flexible with my hours. Once I start the job, it will be 8-5 like everyone else, ew
- Less time for blogging
- I love connecting with you guys more on Instagram, so well see what happens with the site posting consistency. Events will be more limited to me since I can’t just leave work whenever I want now
- Im actually excited!
- I will really like the job! Its finally what I want to do at Kohl’s. When I was shadowing for the position, I loved all the meetings and the people.
- Gym Time: So I will have time to work out in the morning and then go to classes that start right when I get out. Currently, Im home by 330ish and classes don’t start till 530-6. So for me to go back out is rough…cause Im lazy, whatever. Its just nice to cook dinner sometimes and have it ready for when Jeisson gets home. Ultimately, I hope I work out more–well see. ha
Ultimately its just going to be a lifestyle change really. And honestly, I am not sure how things will go.
Talk about turning my life upside down
So what now?
I don’t even start this job until Jan 22nd so I’m excited to just enjoy holidays and relax before this adjustment.
And other exciting news, were going to NYC for NYE! We won’t be in Times Square because ew, but well def enjoy family and possibly the city while there.
- Instagram Handle: The biggest change to happen around here is that I will be changing my Instagram handle to just my name. Bordeaux Blvd is not going anywhere, but I want to take a different angle on this. Ultimately, I don’t want to feel restricted by the blog name. The blog is about my life and what comes with it….like style, my city, and what I love. So just a heads up when you go, who is this person? Its me!
- Thinking artistically: I’ve always talked about how I believe fashion is like art, well, go forward, I want to photograph it that way. Below are the FAB shots by my new friends from Say Hello Story. Their work is just beautiful and so different.
There you have it! It doesn’t sound like a lot when I typed it but its all just changes really. But can we talk about this blue faux fur jacket now? When I knew LC was incorporating it into her Runway Collection, I died. I waited months and it was so worth it.
It feels great to finally celebrate this with you all! With the holidays coming up, I’m hoping to get some gift guides up. I love when bloggers do this, because its like I have 20 personal shoppers. And everyone has such different tastes so the variety is wonderful!